If I thought that was the lazy route I was terribly mistaken. Turns out there was a little imp at work behind the spaghettio thing after all. I figured if I fed him then it wouldn't be too messy. Yeah well, good luck with that one now that he almost always feeds himself and has a longer reach. He grabbed them from the table and got a good handful before I could react. That means even though I was able to avoid a huge disaster on his clothes and the floor, his hands were still FULL of spaghettios and sauce. Next step was to rub it in his hair because he was frustrated with me.
When I was certain he was finished eating I thought the easiest way to clean him up would be to dip his hands in a little bowl of water, swish them around, then wipe them off (and his hair by diping the paper towel in the bowl of water). Great in theory, except by now he was still frustrated with me for taking away his bowl with the spaghettios in it so he slapped his hands into the bowl when I tried to gently dip them and then dumped the bowl into his lap. The water was pretty much clean, so other than being soaking wet it wasn't too messy. I sighed and stripped him down right there in the kitchen. His diaper was soaked with the water too and all swollen so I went ahead and took that off too. I intended for it to be a quick water mop up and I'd get him all back to rights, but.......
While I was mopping up the water, Jansen PEED ON THE FLOOR behind me!! He has "discovered himself" so he even aimed around the floor a little and when I turned around he was laughing at himself shooting the floor tiles. SHEESH!! Now I had to mop up pee, so I got another wad of paper towel and some cleaner and started in on that right away before the dog came to explore as well. Now Jansen had run, yes run, into the living room. Next thing I hear as I'm standing up with pee-towels is SPLAT! I looked behind me, now into the living room, and Jansen had POOPED on the floor. Worse he's grabbed a handful (offering it up to me like the stupid Spaghettios that started all this) and is laughing while he squishes it. I'm thoroughly disgusted by now, but at least I have a pretty tough tummy where kids are concerned (years of daycare work, I guess) and was holding out well, just tired of the saga by now. I scooped him under one arm, used the rest of the towels in my hand to wipe up the lastest mess one-handed, and immediately headed to the bath. I dropped the towels in the trash as I passed it to the bathroom and sprayed off his butt and hands with the shower hose. Then I ran his bath an entire 2 hours early, scrubbing him down while he's laughing the whole time.
I'm so glad he enjoyed his evening. I'm a tad disgusted, but thankful we have tile floors. He is now scrubbed clean, all evidence has been removed, area has been cleaned again and sanitized. AND the little stinker is blissfully snoozing away as I have taken the chance to let you all in on our evening. If I didn't feel so rotten today I'd probably just be giggling myself by now, but alas... I'm not in a giggling mood (you can though... I would be if it were yours not mine).
Daddy was taking Jonathan back to his Mom's during all of this. His response when I told him, "I guess maybe you shouldn't let him run around naked anymore then." Thanks Babe!
**G'Night. I need sleep after all this! More coming soon, with pics (though no pics of this event... Ewwww!)!



1 comment:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Mommyhood! I got off easy. Harper hated messy hands so she never played in her poop. But she did poop by the patio doors in the kitchen and peed on the living room floor a bunch of times if that makes you feel better. I'm sorry but that was funny=)
Post a Comment