Pic Protect

Saturday, May 9, 2009

9 Months AND Mother's Day Weekend

Well, my BABY has reached 9 months already. I can't get over it! He still doesn't care to crawl but scoots around backwards and does push-ups yet. He does like to hold our fingers and walk around though. More evidence that he'll probably skip the crawling thing (or maybe just do it briefly) I guess. I'll ask the doc when we go on Monday for our 9 month appt. I am kind of sad about it though. I really like seeing those little butts wiggle back and forth in the air when they are crawling! *sigh* Oh well, we will take it one milestone at a time!! He is starting self feeding, but I'm not pushing it too much until after school's out because I still want it to be easy at Grace's. Sending commercial babyfood is much easier than trying to cook him a lunch to send!! Most of my friends with Little Ones have said that once they started with self feeding regular foods, the baby foods were refused. We'll start that when I'm off of work.

I am totally the princess this weekend!!! Mother's Day started for me on Thursday with a flower delivery at work (pics below) and then I hinted that combining my Mother's Day and Birthday (13th) to get the steam mop I wanted would be great. Sooooo... when I got home from school Thursday evening my steam mop had been delivered and was waiting for me!! WaHoo!! Then while Jonathan has been here they cooked me breakfast this morning for Mother's Day tomorrow AND we then grilled steaks to celebrate my birthday tonight!! I EVEN got a 2 hour nap with Jansen today after I had done a little spring cleaning and broke in the steam mop! I feel on top of the world!!! I may be spoiled, but I certainly appreciate it!!

Now I'm headed into a super busy week. Monday is Jansen's doc appt., Tuesday is a PALs night (I may skip and let them do it by themselves), Wednesday is my birthday, Thursday is a prep for Max Awards and the Junior High musical next weekend, Friday is a freakout day putting together all the missing links for the show Saturday, then Saturday I am at the school from 10 am until about 8 pm with my Junior High kids for their musical performance. Whew!! If anyone wants to come down, it will be a fun show!!

Richard is prepping for more trials since everything had been postponed a bit for the "pig bug" and Jonathan is awaiting his state standardized test scores from last week. He's ready for the end of school as well!

It's been a good week in our neck of the woods! Hope all is well with you all!!

No comments: